Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A Moveable Feast. Art Deco Fashion Design from Alexandre Vassiliev's Collection

I remember when I saw the add for this exhibition, my thought was that this is something I really would like to see. But I actually forgot about it. Fortunately Hedvig reminded me. Thanks!
This exhibition is based on the collection of Art Deco clothing and accessories of Alexandre Vassiliev. It is open 11.10.2014–18.01.2015 so it was a close call. And this was the rarest occasion when I unexpectedly turned up on the day when the ticket was only 1 euros.

Art Museum of Estonia KUMU
vintage beaded purses and belt dancing shoes etc
Selection of accessories in green. Beaded purse with 
chaton roses in emerald green
Vintage powder boxes beaded tassels and cut steel bead belt
Vintage powder boxes and (perhaps) a beaded belt with 
cut steel beads (cut steel beads were one of the things I expected 
to see and I wasn't disappointed)

Sequin dress in nude color
Sequin dress in nude color. Dresses were adorned mostly with 
silver-lined seed-beads or black seed-beads. But I also recognized 
blown imitation pearls that I didn't expect (I've only read about them)
 and nailhead beads that were described as 
coral beads in some strange reason (the rim from pressing glass was visible)

pink flapper dress
Embroiderings, fringes and tassels - Fabulous!

 Mäletan, et kui sügisel reklaamiti seda näitust, siis mõtlesin, et seda tahaks näha küll. Aga unustasin selle sootuks ära. Õnneks tuletas Hedvig meelde. Aitäh!
Tegemist on Alexandre Vassilievi kollektsiooni esitlusega, kus näeb Art Deco ajastu rõivaid ja aksessuaare. Näitus on avatud 11.10.2014–18.01.2015 nii, et jõudsin peaaegu napilt. Ja üllataval kombel oli täna just see päev, mil külastus maksis vaid 1 euro.

No comments: