Friday, February 27, 2015

Work in Progress

So I'm planning to use these Saphiret glass tear drops in a piece of jewellery. Although I think this glass goes better with golden or silvery metal I am planning to use these drops with my traditional coppery components. Since I recently "mixed colors" with crystal glass rhinestones I'll decided to do the same here.

I went through my rhinestone stash and made my choice. All rhinestones are made by Swarovski in different times, somewhere between the 1950-2000 year. As you can see the packages are also different since the company changes these in every once in a while. Colors are: Smoked Topaz Light, Ceylon Topaz, Pacific Opal and rare Blue Opal.

vintage jewelry jewellery supplies
Saphiret tear drop cabochons, glass pearls and Swarovski rhinestones


Nii, et need Saphiret klaasist tilgad on plaanis kasutada ühes ehtes. Hoolimata sellest, et mulle tundub see klaas sobivat rohkem hõbeda või kuldse metalliga, plaanin kasutada neid oma traditsiooniliste vasksete metall-komponentidega. Kuna ma just hiljuti "segasin värve" kasutades kristallklaasist ehtekivisid, siis proovin seda teha ka siin.

Käisin läbi oma ehtekivide varud nii ja naapidi ning tegin valiku. Kõik on Swarovski ehtekivid, kuid vanus on neil väga erinev, jäädes aastate 1950-2000 vahele. Nagu näha, siis on ka kivide pakendid väga erinevad. Värvidest valisin välja: Smoked Topaz Light, Ceylon Topaz, Pacific Opal ja haruldane Blue Opal.

No comments: